The Royal Wedding is upon us Brits tomorrow, and with it comes a fervent sense of excitement from the masses. The creative community however and probably a little bit more cynical than your average British resident, so the big day has naturally spawned a wealth of creative commentary. As a celebration of the happy couple (and of an extra day off) here is a very quick review of some bits and pieces of wedding inspired work that have caught my eye, opening with this classic from KK Outlet’s brilliant sarcastic series of plates.
My Royal Plate Orange FeedOrange’s take on the classic memorial plate lets the average Joe celebrate their own special moments. Penned by new Orange Feed illustrator Owen Davey
Our Other Royal Wedding Albion London
Albion London believe that the real Royal Wedding to look forward to is that of Zara Phillips and England Rugby star Mike Tindall and that they deserve some souvenirs of their own.
Royal Celebration Sensation GarudioStudiage
The good people at Garudio Studiage are bringing “a slice of Vegas to London” in the shape of cheeky souvenirs, tea towels, cardboard engagement rings and hand-made Corgi jewellery.
Kate Loves Willy Ian Stevenson
Typically tongue in cheek response from Ian Stevenson
Paul Smith Harrod’s Windows Paul Smith
Lovely tiered wedding cake from Sir Paul as part of Harrod’s 18 celebratory window cakes.
Wieden + Kennedy + Will + Kate Wieden+Kennedy
Wills and Kate share their initials with one of London’s top ad agencies, or is it the other way round? Either way the window of their HQ in East London lets you star in your own Royal Postcard.
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Photographer Benedetta Ristori documents cultural juxtapositions on the Balkan peninsula
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Smart, funny and expertly executed party posters from German designer Mark Bohle
- Vice, despair and a bafflingly fertile imagination from Brooklyn-based Milton Melvin Croissant III
- A focus on typography in Ghent-based designer Corbin Mahieu's updated portfolio
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web