The Royal Wedding is upon us Brits tomorrow, and with it comes a fervent sense of excitement from the masses. The creative community however and probably a little bit more cynical than your average British resident, so the big day has naturally spawned a wealth of creative commentary. As a celebration of the happy couple (and of an extra day off) here is a very quick review of some bits and pieces of wedding inspired work that have caught my eye, opening with this classic from KK Outlet’s brilliant sarcastic series of plates.
My Royal Plate Orange FeedOrange’s take on the classic memorial plate lets the average Joe celebrate their own special moments. Penned by new Orange Feed illustrator Owen Davey
Our Other Royal Wedding Albion London
Albion London believe that the real Royal Wedding to look forward to is that of Zara Phillips and England Rugby star Mike Tindall and that they deserve some souvenirs of their own.
Royal Celebration Sensation GarudioStudiage
The good people at Garudio Studiage are bringing “a slice of Vegas to London” in the shape of cheeky souvenirs, tea towels, cardboard engagement rings and hand-made Corgi jewellery.
Kate Loves Willy Ian Stevenson
Typically tongue in cheek response from Ian Stevenson
Paul Smith Harrod’s Windows Paul Smith
Lovely tiered wedding cake from Sir Paul as part of Harrod’s 18 celebratory window cakes.
Wieden + Kennedy + Will + Kate Wieden+Kennedy
Wills and Kate share their initials with one of London’s top ad agencies, or is it the other way round? Either way the window of their HQ in East London lets you star in your own Royal Postcard.
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a “trippers guide” to the iPhone 64
- Alex de Mora on shooting Vice parties and famous footballers
- Natacha Paschal’s “deformed” interpretations of mag covers and fashion ads
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design