The Royal Wedding is upon us Brits tomorrow, and with it comes a fervent sense of excitement from the masses. The creative community however and probably a little bit more cynical than your average British resident, so the big day has naturally spawned a wealth of creative commentary. As a celebration of the happy couple (and of an extra day off) here is a very quick review of some bits and pieces of wedding inspired work that have caught my eye, opening with this classic from KK Outlet’s brilliant sarcastic series of plates.
My Royal Plate Orange FeedOrange’s take on the classic memorial plate lets the average Joe celebrate their own special moments. Penned by new Orange Feed illustrator Owen Davey
Our Other Royal Wedding Albion London
Albion London believe that the real Royal Wedding to look forward to is that of Zara Phillips and England Rugby star Mike Tindall and that they deserve some souvenirs of their own.
Royal Celebration Sensation GarudioStudiage
The good people at Garudio Studiage are bringing “a slice of Vegas to London” in the shape of cheeky souvenirs, tea towels, cardboard engagement rings and hand-made Corgi jewellery.
Kate Loves Willy Ian Stevenson
Typically tongue in cheek response from Ian Stevenson
Paul Smith Harrod’s Windows Paul Smith
Lovely tiered wedding cake from Sir Paul as part of Harrod’s 18 celebratory window cakes.
Wieden + Kennedy + Will + Kate Wieden+Kennedy
Wills and Kate share their initials with one of London’s top ad agencies, or is it the other way round? Either way the window of their HQ in East London lets you star in your own Royal Postcard.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations