The Royal Wedding is upon us Brits tomorrow, and with it comes a fervent sense of excitement from the masses. The creative community however and probably a little bit more cynical than your average British resident, so the big day has naturally spawned a wealth of creative commentary. As a celebration of the happy couple (and of an extra day off) here is a very quick review of some bits and pieces of wedding inspired work that have caught my eye, opening with this classic from KK Outlet’s brilliant sarcastic series of plates.
My Royal Plate Orange FeedOrange’s take on the classic memorial plate lets the average Joe celebrate their own special moments. Penned by new Orange Feed illustrator Owen Davey
Our Other Royal Wedding Albion London
Albion London believe that the real Royal Wedding to look forward to is that of Zara Phillips and England Rugby star Mike Tindall and that they deserve some souvenirs of their own.
Royal Celebration Sensation GarudioStudiage
The good people at Garudio Studiage are bringing “a slice of Vegas to London” in the shape of cheeky souvenirs, tea towels, cardboard engagement rings and hand-made Corgi jewellery.
Kate Loves Willy Ian Stevenson
Typically tongue in cheek response from Ian Stevenson
Paul Smith Harrod’s Windows Paul Smith
Lovely tiered wedding cake from Sir Paul as part of Harrod’s 18 celebratory window cakes.
Wieden + Kennedy + Will + Kate Wieden+Kennedy
Wills and Kate share their initials with one of London’s top ad agencies, or is it the other way round? Either way the window of their HQ in East London lets you star in your own Royal Postcard.
- New One in New York: Simón Sepúlveda's six month design diary
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Five projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Designer Ted Hyunak Yoon creates a visual analysis of dictators’ statues in history
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant