Very soon, impossibly so, a very large number of illustrators, graphic designers, photographers, artists and other creatively minded individuals will emerge from their respective educational institutes – bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and questionably attired. In other words, graduate season is nearly upon us and we cannot wait to meet them all.
So here is our fourth annual call for submissions to The Graduates, a feature that pinpoints the most exciting in new talent emerging from UK universities. So if you’re completing an undergraduate course anywhere in the UK this year and want to see your work championed by It’s Nice That and all our readers, submit your work now.
If selected you will be part of the online showcase as well as a printed publication we will produce and distribute to key individuals in the industry. And we are delighted that once again top creative recruitment agency Represent has teamed up with us to support our search for the cream of this year’s crop.
Please read carefully through the following guidelines and send your application to: email@example.com
1. Your full name
2. Your university’s name
3. Your full course name
4. Your contact details (email address and telephone number)
5. Three projects you think best represent you and your work. We request you send up to three images per project, along with a 50-75 word explanation. (Please send images at 72dpi.)
Closing date for submissions is May 25.
“Represent Recruitment Limited help some of the worlds most talented graphic designers find new work. We work with designers at all levels, from Junior through to Executive Creative Director. Our business thrives through the networks we develop and our impeccable eye for great work. Formed in 2003 Represent operate out of offices and gallery space in London, EC1.”
This year’s identity and all ensuing design to do with The Graduates 2012 has been put together by Bruce Usher. Bruce, who was part of our showcase last year having just completed a graphics and communications course at the University of Leeds is now a full-time designer at London-based studio Inventory and still an all-round good guy.
The Graduates 2012 Listings
Alongside our online showcase and publication we will also be compiling The Graduates 2012 Listings: A dedicated page on our site for the locations and dates of nationwide graduate exhibitions. To submit your show for inclusion please send the name of your university, name of the exhibition, dates and location, as well as any relevant links, to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the term “listings” in the subject title.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again