We’re massively excited to announce the launch of Rory Sutherland’s book, The Wiki Man that we have co published with Ogilvy. One of marketing’s most original thinkers and influential speakers, Rory (vice chairman of Ogilvy Group) is a leading light in the advertising industry and is as outspoken as he is creative. A champion of behavioural economics and an early adopter of new technologies, his collection of cravats is as legendary as his appetite for chicken jalfrezi.
This book, available to buy from our online shop attempts to give an insight into Rory’s unique character and personality, through a winding journey of blog posts, interviews, tweets and reference materials, giving a rich and engaging introduction to Rory’s unique mind.
You only have to watch Rory for two minutes to get an idea of his personality, here he talks at TED at the end of 2009, and as they put it: “Rory Sutherland makes the daring assertion that a change in perceived value can be just as satisfying as what we consider “real” value – and his conclusion has interesting consequences for how we look at life.”
- “It’s a laser show”: behind the scenes at Yale School of Art’s Graphic Design MFA thesis show
- Matthew the Horse combines poetry and illustration “borne from being a wally,” in new book
- Photographer Kathryn Hurni’s images capture an alternative perspective of Russia
- Sebastian Curi creates messy, “imperfect” characters everyone can empathise with
- Frederike Helwig’s snapshot of Nicaragua from 2004 now published
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors