We’re massively excited to announce the launch of Rory Sutherland’s book, The Wiki Man that we have co published with Ogilvy. One of marketing’s most original thinkers and influential speakers, Rory (vice chairman of Ogilvy Group) is a leading light in the advertising industry and is as outspoken as he is creative. A champion of behavioural economics and an early adopter of new technologies, his collection of cravats is as legendary as his appetite for chicken jalfrezi.
This book, available to buy from our online shop attempts to give an insight into Rory’s unique character and personality, through a winding journey of blog posts, interviews, tweets and reference materials, giving a rich and engaging introduction to Rory’s unique mind.
You only have to watch Rory for two minutes to get an idea of his personality, here he talks at TED at the end of 2009, and as they put it: “Rory Sutherland makes the daring assertion that a change in perceived value can be just as satisfying as what we consider “real” value – and his conclusion has interesting consequences for how we look at life.”
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk on social media to follow
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery