Good week for the It’s Nice That post mat – Things got stuck into the beautiful game, made a glorious music cover, nabbed a superhero couple with flying colours, admired what the Latvians are building and looked at pop stars staring into sunsets. Let’s see how this played out…
Nicky Inchenko: 90
Nicky Inchenko made this fantastic little green football booklet. Crammed with line drawings of players in action and doubling as a very nice poster when unfolded, it’s a delightful memento of some classic footballing moments. This is only the highlights version – the original is 90 pages long! Nicky has also made life-size painted Chicago Bulls that are worth a look.
DR.ME: Dutch Uncle’s Out Of Touch In The Wild
DR.ME’s artwork for the Dutch Uncle’s latest record makes a great track into a beautiful object. Looks excellent and feels so good to hold.
Happy Lovers Town: Super Heroes
These are great. Colourful, simple, healthily plump superheroes from Happy Lovers Town. Fun to work out the angle of those red feet.
Lukabuka: Process 3. Jaunā arhitektūra Latvijā
Jaunā arhitektūra Latvijā is the third book in the Process series looking at New Architecture in Latvia. Edited by Ieva Zībārte and designed very nicely by Edgars Zvirgzdiņš it’s full of beautiful photographs documenting current architectural practice and education in the country. Fascinating stuff.
Tom Oldham: Portraits
This is a collection of Tom Oldham’s snaps of pop stars looking cool. Music photography is always interesting, whatever you think of the set-ups. With the right light and barely a blemish in sight, it’s interesting to pick apart the layers of presentation in these shots.
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Workwear: animator Paul Layzell on sports and nostalgia in his style
- Promoting academia with zig-zags, giant facial features and old trash: a masterclass from designer Nejc Prah
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Lukas Ackermann’s playfully abstract identity for new Zurich culture hub
- Things! The finest bits and bobs we were sent in September
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here