London, London, Wirral, Tokyo and Salamanca. Things is truly global, so get involved – we can google translate any language. And if that’s a lie then we will scrutinise the images like you never thought they should be. This week Dan Kenyon, Liam Stevens, Hannah Waldron, Ebony Bizyz and Xavi García.
Our Beautiful Game Dan kenyon. Curated by SB Studio
This is a very special and coherent documentary, with an opening narrative from the photographer expelling the myth and misconceptions of large scale digital printing and introducing us to a dirty, crafty, beautiful space. Alchemic processes from vats of pure colour and all printed at the very place he photographed, bit like a love letter really.
Rain Day Hannah Waldron
Now in it’s second edition (for sure, that’s testament alone to it’s worthiness) Rain Day is now sporting a lovely wrap around cover and for the ones that “get in there”, an A5 riso print. Lovely. And Hannah’s drawings are as engaging and mentally textured as ever. It’s raining right this moment too so it couldn’t be more appropriate (and good).
Hello Sandwich, gift wrapping Ebony Bizys
This is genius. I’ve been converted the art of wrapping by a real fan with a cause. It’s the volume of ideas and crafty touches, it’s a step toward sustainable and away from sanity but that is OK. The only problem we can imagine hitting though, if we were to follow her instructions that is, would be finding a worthy present to wrap. The recipient can only be disappointed with anything less then a golden pony.
Unity Xavi García
Clearly an able draftsman with an affinity for type, we were very pleased o get Xavi García’s Unity package through the door. The small risographed book is particularly good “these are personal interpretations of numbers. Numbers seen as a unit in themselves, but also a sum of units”. Unity! Lovely poster also.
Set Sail for New Shores poster Liam Stevens
Love ships, mountains and forests. If we didn’t like this poster we’d be fools. Thank goodness for good pencil skills and Liam Stevens who (and we’ve seen his website) doesn’t hold back on the “epic” or the “landscape” side of things. Ditto first sentence.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations