Please answer yes or no to the following questions. 1.Do you like art and design? 2. Do you like and/or trust It’s Nice That? 3. Do you enjoy going to arts and design shows (either for cultural edification or to impress potential dates on internet dating sites)? If you answered a series of yeses Meg Ryan-style then have we got news for you.
Back in the day, we offered our What’s On listings guide which flagged up the best art and design shows around. Truth be told it became tricky to keep a close handle on all the amazing things going on across the world and so when we redesigned the site early last year, we decided to put What’s On out to pasture while we thought about how best to take it forward.
Now, nearly a year on, we are delighted to unveil our brand new listings service called, with characteristic simplicity, This at There. Focussing only on London at first, This At There is our curated selection of some of the most interesting, exciting and significant art and design offerings taking place across the capital at any given time.
The key feature of the new site is that exhibitions are listed in order of when they close, because if you’re anything like us, you will constantly be kicking yourself when you realise another show has come and gone. So we thought why not make it abundantly clear when things finish, instilling a pleasurable sense of panic which might mean you never miss a great show ever again (not legally binding, obvs)?
We’ll be adding new features over the coming months and welcome any feedback, as well of course suggestions for shows we should be covering. You can email us on email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @thisatthere. And although we are all about London at the moment, we hope to roll out This at There in new locations in the future so watch this space.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August