Please answer yes or no to the following questions. 1.Do you like art and design? 2. Do you like and/or trust It’s Nice That? 3. Do you enjoy going to arts and design shows (either for cultural edification or to impress potential dates on internet dating sites)? If you answered a series of yeses Meg Ryan-style then have we got news for you.
Back in the day, we offered our What’s On listings guide which flagged up the best art and design shows around. Truth be told it became tricky to keep a close handle on all the amazing things going on across the world and so when we redesigned the site early last year, we decided to put What’s On out to pasture while we thought about how best to take it forward.
Now, nearly a year on, we are delighted to unveil our brand new listings service called, with characteristic simplicity, This at There. Focussing only on London at first, This At There is our curated selection of some of the most interesting, exciting and significant art and design offerings taking place across the capital at any given time.
The key feature of the new site is that exhibitions are listed in order of when they close, because if you’re anything like us, you will constantly be kicking yourself when you realise another show has come and gone. So we thought why not make it abundantly clear when things finish, instilling a pleasurable sense of panic which might mean you never miss a great show ever again (not legally binding, obvs)?
We’ll be adding new features over the coming months and welcome any feedback, as well of course suggestions for shows we should be covering. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @thisatthere. And although we are all about London at the moment, we hope to roll out This at There in new locations in the future so watch this space.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"