What’s better than getting post? Getting embossed post. What’s better than getting embossed post? Getting embossed post that’s a self-contained document. What’s better than getting embossed self-contained document post? Nothing. It offers the maximum level of enjoyment available from the postal service – it’s the apex of postal pleasure.
So you won’t be surprised to hear that This Is Real Art’s prospectus for Privcacy International, an NGO that fights against unlawful surveillance by governments and corporations, has all of the above features and we think it’s a pretty tasty piece of design.
The book’s cover is perforated along three edges, keeping the content private until torn open by the recipient, and also doubles as an envelope, allowing the whole package to be sent without any additional paraphernalia. As a piece of promotional material it’s spot on in its delivery (couldn’t help it!) and we’re big fans of anything that livens up an otherwise serious subject. Bravo This Is Real Art, bravo indeed!
- Activism, raving and vintage cookbooks – highlights from Nicer Tuesdays June
- Patrick Savile’s dreamy designs draw from 70s airbrush art, Roger Dean and Turing patterns
- Illustrator Nathan Cowdry depicts an unusual dialogue between two strangers in his new comic, Shiner
- Our round-up of this year’s UK grad show identities and show designs
- Nathalie du Pasquier opens first solo show in UK for almost 25 years
- Photographer Ian Kenneth Bird shares his top photobooks
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy