This month we are joined by four creatives who are exploring the art of storytelling in unique and inspiring ways.
Joining us to talk about the elements needed to tell great stories is director, writer and comedian Gabriel Bisset-Smith who has both won and been a judge for the Vimeo Best Narrative Award, and illustrator Kyle Platts will discuss his unique approach to visual storytelling through the combination of vibrant colours, macabre characters and comic humour.
Also joining us is Ken Wong, lead designer on award-winning gaming app Monument Valley to talk about the task of pairing a captivating interactive storyline with beautiful visuals, and Emma Gibson and Nadine Monem of The Butcher’s Apron will offer insights to the experimental radio show that specialises in telling unexpected tales through a mixture of interviews, sound and music.
As ever the beers will be on us, so come on down for an evening of insights to the art of storytelling!
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood