This month we are joined by four creatives who are exploring the art of storytelling in unique and inspiring ways.
Joining us to talk about the elements needed to tell great stories is director, writer and comedian Gabriel Bisset-Smith who has both won and been a judge for the Vimeo Best Narrative Award, and illustrator Kyle Platts will discuss his unique approach to visual storytelling through the combination of vibrant colours, macabre characters and comic humour.
Also joining us is Ken Wong, lead designer on award-winning gaming app Monument Valley to talk about the task of pairing a captivating interactive storyline with beautiful visuals, and Emma Gibson and Nadine Monem of The Butcher’s Apron will offer insights to the experimental radio show that specialises in telling unexpected tales through a mixture of interviews, sound and music.
As ever the beers will be on us, so come on down for an evening of insights to the art of storytelling!
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich