This month we are joined by four creatives who are exploring the art of storytelling in unique and inspiring ways.
Joining us to talk about the elements needed to tell great stories is director, writer and comedian Gabriel Bisset-Smith who has both won and been a judge for the Vimeo Best Narrative Award, and illustrator Kyle Platts will discuss his unique approach to visual storytelling through the combination of vibrant colours, macabre characters and comic humour.
Also joining us is Ken Wong, lead designer on award-winning gaming app Monument Valley to talk about the task of pairing a captivating interactive storyline with beautiful visuals, and Emma Gibson and Nadine Monem of The Butcher’s Apron will offer insights to the experimental radio show that specialises in telling unexpected tales through a mixture of interviews, sound and music.
As ever the beers will be on us, so come on down for an evening of insights to the art of storytelling!
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations