Thomas Albdorf (strong name) from Vienna was one of our Students of the Month back in January 2011 when he blew us away with his mystic photographs of shapes in odd environments. Now he’s back with this bountiful, extensive project entitled Former Writer, Part 1: Colour on Surface that explores his teenage habit of graffitiing anything that stayed still long enough to be spray-painted.
Here’s what Thomas has to say about it: “Former Writer, Part 1: Colour on Surface forms the first part of an ongoing series that integrates graffiti-related methods into my photographic and sculptural work. I investigate the relationship between pre-photographic painterly and sculptural interventions and their post-photographic digital equivalents, as well as the connection between spontaneous arrangements in public spaces and compositions staged in the studio that echo the works created outside.”
Keep going, Thomas! We’re officially committed fans of your work.
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf