Thomas Albdorf (strong name) from Vienna was one of our Students of the Month back in January 2011 when he blew us away with his mystic photographs of shapes in odd environments. Now he’s back with this bountiful, extensive project entitled Former Writer, Part 1: Colour on Surface that explores his teenage habit of graffitiing anything that stayed still long enough to be spray-painted.
Here’s what Thomas has to say about it: “Former Writer, Part 1: Colour on Surface forms the first part of an ongoing series that integrates graffiti-related methods into my photographic and sculptural work. I investigate the relationship between pre-photographic painterly and sculptural interventions and their post-photographic digital equivalents, as well as the connection between spontaneous arrangements in public spaces and compositions staged in the studio that echo the works created outside.”
Keep going, Thomas! We’re officially committed fans of your work.
- Rodion Kitaev illustrates the goings on of an office party in mammoth detail
- Makings of a Man: It’s Nice That and Harry’s invite you to be a life model for a day
- A higgledy-piggledy, funny yet tragic tale: The Romance of the Skeleton
- Tiago Galo’s refreshing, travel-themed illustrations remind us of sunnier times
- Artist Morgan Blair on her “pathological need to make you laugh”
- Lennarts & de Bruijn’s “hot as hell” campaign for Utrecht club, Ekko
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books