Thomas Albdorf (strong name) from Vienna was one of our Students of the Month back in January 2011 when he blew us away with his mystic photographs of shapes in odd environments. Now he’s back with this bountiful, extensive project entitled Former Writer, Part 1: Colour on Surface that explores his teenage habit of graffitiing anything that stayed still long enough to be spray-painted.
Here’s what Thomas has to say about it: “Former Writer, Part 1: Colour on Surface forms the first part of an ongoing series that integrates graffiti-related methods into my photographic and sculptural work. I investigate the relationship between pre-photographic painterly and sculptural interventions and their post-photographic digital equivalents, as well as the connection between spontaneous arrangements in public spaces and compositions staged in the studio that echo the works created outside.”
Keep going, Thomas! We’re officially committed fans of your work.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang