Sometimes a combination is so darn perfect that you weep for the sheer perfection of cosmic coming togethers – salt and vinegar, Chaka Demus & Pliers, Friday and beers. So I could feel the old tear ducts starting to throb when the brilliant folk over at Bellykids told me about their new project – ladies and gentleman, all hail The Bill Murray colouring book.
Thrill Murray is aimed at “the young, old, middle aged, bored, hyped or mildly interested” giving all and sundry the chance to bring to life the man, the myth, who “has stolen the hearts of a generation in a million and one films which have become essentials on the indie film DVD shelf.” There’s a whole host of illustrators involved rendering old Bill in all sorts of ways, but this is a project where the consituent parts almost matter less than the supremely wonderful overall concept.
Thrill Murray is released in August.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"