Sometimes a combination is so darn perfect that you weep for the sheer perfection of cosmic coming togethers – salt and vinegar, Chaka Demus & Pliers, Friday and beers. So I could feel the old tear ducts starting to throb when the brilliant folk over at Bellykids told me about their new project – ladies and gentleman, all hail The Bill Murray colouring book.
Thrill Murray is aimed at “the young, old, middle aged, bored, hyped or mildly interested” giving all and sundry the chance to bring to life the man, the myth, who “has stolen the hearts of a generation in a million and one films which have become essentials on the indie film DVD shelf.” There’s a whole host of illustrators involved rendering old Bill in all sorts of ways, but this is a project where the consituent parts almost matter less than the supremely wonderful overall concept.
Thrill Murray is released in August.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August