When it comes to the mean old task of developing your own style and standing out from the crowd, fashion photographer Tim Walker is not one who struggles. In fact Tim Walker’s daring photography with its prop-heavy sets and monumental scale (think UFOs, giant snails and six foot bumble bees) is so special that he may as well own the definition of innovation.
Dazzling the fashion world with his humorous, ambitious take on its usual all-too-serious nature and dipping into the fantasy land of unicorns and giant Humpty Dumpty eggs, his new show Story Teller more than lives up to its name.
From a giant doll about to step on supermodel Lindsay Wixson and Tilda Swinton glaring out from behind skydiving goggles to a UFO taking English huntsmen by surprise, celebrities are practically queueing up to have this talented man photograph them. And photographing for the likes of British, French, American and Italian Vogue (no big deal), Vanity Fair, W Magazine and LOVE Magazine, his list of adorers is so long it would be probably be easier to list the publications he hasn’t photographed for.
Story Teller supported by Mulberry is at Somerset House until January 27.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations