When it comes to the mean old task of developing your own style and standing out from the crowd, fashion photographer Tim Walker is not one who struggles. In fact Tim Walker’s daring photography with its prop-heavy sets and monumental scale (think UFOs, giant snails and six foot bumble bees) is so special that he may as well own the definition of innovation.
Dazzling the fashion world with his humorous, ambitious take on its usual all-too-serious nature and dipping into the fantasy land of unicorns and giant Humpty Dumpty eggs, his new show Story Teller more than lives up to its name.
From a giant doll about to step on supermodel Lindsay Wixson and Tilda Swinton glaring out from behind skydiving goggles to a UFO taking English huntsmen by surprise, celebrities are practically queueing up to have this talented man photograph them. And photographing for the likes of British, French, American and Italian Vogue (no big deal), Vanity Fair, W Magazine and LOVE Magazine, his list of adorers is so long it would be probably be easier to list the publications he hasn’t photographed for.
Story Teller supported by Mulberry is at Somerset House until January 27.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"