If I had a finite number of screen-grabs left in me – in the same way that I know I can only play Allesi Brothers’ Seabird a few more times before it will cease to be enjoyable – I’d use most of them up on this one-minute-20 wonder animation, Cascade, by Timothy LaPointe.
Just give over to its beautiful cacophony of psych-visuals played out as random cloud bursts and firework tadpoles erupting in a woodland clearing. Yes, it’s random but it’s also a great example of some canny animation skills working with a familiar digital aesthetic that would work brilliantly as stills but as an animation? Something else entirely. Enjoy!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”