Nicos and Tom are a powerful animation duo from London whose recent project Tharis Sleeps was perhaps one of the most ambitious stop-motion films made in recent history. If you haven’t checked it out yet, go over here and then buy frames here. If you have, and you are already fans of these very talented young men’s work, have a read of their joint-favourite music video, the classic Money for Nothing by everyone’s Dad’s favourite band, Dire Straits.
Tom Bunker and Nicos Livesy: Dire Straits – Money for Nothing
This was the first video that MTV Europe aired when it launched back in 1987 and it also won video of the year at the 1986 MTV music video awards. At the time of its release Money For Nothing was seen as a pretty groundbreaking music video as it was the first to use 3D animated human characters. This “groundbreaking 3D animation” just looks really crap now… but that’s why we love it so much. It’s also just a bit weird – two strange characters casually packing up boxes whilst watching MTV. It was actually quite a big influence on the video we made for Binary last year, served as quite a good starting point for our research into that project. It’s also a tune! Ha.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"