I Did is the latest track from the Dublin-born singer-songwriter Bonzai. A regular collaborator with Mura Masa, Bonzai recently received a much lusted after Hottest Record co-sign from Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac. The video for the cosmic track comes in the form of a Tom Bunker-directed animation, with art direction and design from Pete Sharp and animation from a team made up of Isaac Holland, Blanca Martinez, Sean Weston, Tom Bunker, Joe Sparkes, James Hatley and Alex Smith.
East London-based animation director Tom Bunker has already made music videos, short films and adverts for clients including Binary, Throne, BBC Radio 1, Channel 4, Adam Buxton, Grolsch and Converse, and art director Pete Sharp has made work for the likes of Noisey, Adidas and Manchester United, Vice, Anorak, Bloomberg Business Week and many more.
I Did is an intergalactic journey inside the rotating head of Bonzai herself, a surreal, lushly-coloured jungle-world where wide-eyed slug creatures lurk, apparently conspiring to attack Bonzai at every turn.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design