I Did is the latest track from the Dublin-born singer-songwriter Bonzai. A regular collaborator with Mura Masa, Bonzai recently received a much lusted after Hottest Record co-sign from Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac. The video for the cosmic track comes in the form of a Tom Bunker-directed animation, with art direction and design from Pete Sharp and animation from a team made up of Isaac Holland, Blanca Martinez, Sean Weston, Tom Bunker, Joe Sparkes, James Hatley and Alex Smith.
East London-based animation director Tom Bunker has already made music videos, short films and adverts for clients including Binary, Throne, BBC Radio 1, Channel 4, Adam Buxton, Grolsch and Converse, and art director Pete Sharp has made work for the likes of Noisey, Adidas and Manchester United, Vice, Anorak, Bloomberg Business Week and many more.
I Did is an intergalactic journey inside the rotating head of Bonzai herself, a surreal, lushly-coloured jungle-world where wide-eyed slug creatures lurk, apparently conspiring to attack Bonzai at every turn.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label