Now before I get started here I feel I need to get two things straight. The first is that beauty really and truly is in the eye of the beholder. The second is if one of these is your house, I’m really sorry. Please refer back to point number one.
Still, this blog Ugly Belgian Houses run by Hannes Coudenys has been doing the rounds of late and I won’t apologise for the chuckles that snuck out while I was scrolling through it. It does exactly what it sets out to do, as the bio explains, “because Belgian houses suck. Even mine. Seriously.” And although I’m sure architects all over Belgium have poured millions of euros and a ton of time into creating these dream homes, some of them are really funny-looking. If anything’s going to make you proud of your nice little boring flat then this is it. Look, point and laugh! The real inhabitants can’t hear you!
- Milou Trouwborst's refined, simplistic and melancholic illustrations
- "It was strangely liberating" – Christoph Niemann on creating his new book Sunday Sketching
- Designer Okuyama Taiki encourages you to “play freely” with his experimental posters
- Gijs Henselmans’ illustrations: absurd, gruesome, but always hilarious
- All That Glitters: inside the Barbican’s “vulgar” catalogue
- Graphic designer Fraser Muggeridge talks to us about his favourite books
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design