Now before I get started here I feel I need to get two things straight. The first is that beauty really and truly is in the eye of the beholder. The second is if one of these is your house, I’m really sorry. Please refer back to point number one.
Still, this blog Ugly Belgian Houses run by Hannes Coudenys has been doing the rounds of late and I won’t apologise for the chuckles that snuck out while I was scrolling through it. It does exactly what it sets out to do, as the bio explains, “because Belgian houses suck. Even mine. Seriously.” And although I’m sure architects all over Belgium have poured millions of euros and a ton of time into creating these dream homes, some of them are really funny-looking. If anything’s going to make you proud of your nice little boring flat then this is it. Look, point and laugh! The real inhabitants can’t hear you!
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio