Now before I get started here I feel I need to get two things straight. The first is that beauty really and truly is in the eye of the beholder. The second is if one of these is your house, I’m really sorry. Please refer back to point number one.
Still, this blog Ugly Belgian Houses run by Hannes Coudenys has been doing the rounds of late and I won’t apologise for the chuckles that snuck out while I was scrolling through it. It does exactly what it sets out to do, as the bio explains, “because Belgian houses suck. Even mine. Seriously.” And although I’m sure architects all over Belgium have poured millions of euros and a ton of time into creating these dream homes, some of them are really funny-looking. If anything’s going to make you proud of your nice little boring flat then this is it. Look, point and laugh! The real inhabitants can’t hear you!
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August