Now before I get started here I feel I need to get two things straight. The first is that beauty really and truly is in the eye of the beholder. The second is if one of these is your house, I’m really sorry. Please refer back to point number one.
Still, this blog Ugly Belgian Houses run by Hannes Coudenys has been doing the rounds of late and I won’t apologise for the chuckles that snuck out while I was scrolling through it. It does exactly what it sets out to do, as the bio explains, “because Belgian houses suck. Even mine. Seriously.” And although I’m sure architects all over Belgium have poured millions of euros and a ton of time into creating these dream homes, some of them are really funny-looking. If anything’s going to make you proud of your nice little boring flat then this is it. Look, point and laugh! The real inhabitants can’t hear you!
- The Ulm Model: a school and its pursuit of a critical design practice
- New One in New York: Simón Sepúlveda's six month design diary
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Four projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant