Ever wanted to rob a bank? Me too, but I don’t fancy prison so this “what if?” project will have to do. Ilona Gaynor has been quietly planning a highly organised heist of five major banks in the downtown Los Angeles area for the past two years, and is now reaching out for some funding to allow her to complete her mission.
With a 1,000 square foot abandoned Portuguese bank (yes) confirmed as the location for this exhibition, Ilona is planning to show people – with hard evidence taken from her training with real American cops – exactly how the heist would theoretically play out. Intrigued? I am, and you can read many, many more fascinating details about this ludicrous project over on her Kickstarter.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?