Ever wanted to rob a bank? Me too, but I don’t fancy prison so this “what if?” project will have to do. Ilona Gaynor has been quietly planning a highly organised heist of five major banks in the downtown Los Angeles area for the past two years, and is now reaching out for some funding to allow her to complete her mission.
With a 1,000 square foot abandoned Portuguese bank (yes) confirmed as the location for this exhibition, Ilona is planning to show people – with hard evidence taken from her training with real American cops – exactly how the heist would theoretically play out. Intrigued? I am, and you can read many, many more fascinating details about this ludicrous project over on her Kickstarter.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"