Ever wanted to rob a bank? Me too, but I don’t fancy prison so this “what if?” project will have to do. Ilona Gaynor has been quietly planning a highly organised heist of five major banks in the downtown Los Angeles area for the past two years, and is now reaching out for some funding to allow her to complete her mission.
With a 1,000 square foot abandoned Portuguese bank (yes) confirmed as the location for this exhibition, Ilona is planning to show people – with hard evidence taken from her training with real American cops – exactly how the heist would theoretically play out. Intrigued? I am, and you can read many, many more fascinating details about this ludicrous project over on her Kickstarter.
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- Marvel Studio releases rejected Iron Man logos
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang