What do Whale Trail (a game where you pilot a grinning whale through the clouds), Rando (an app that lets you anonymously share photos around the world) and the new Hudl tablet from Tesco have in common? Very little to the untrained eye, but each is the product of digital design agency ustwo™. We loved Whale Trail, it cost us a lot of precious hours in the studio, and we thoroughly enjoy using Rando, which leads us to believe that the Hudl is going to be right up our street too, even if we’re still struggling to get our heads round the concept of a Tesco tablet.
The aim of Hudl is simple; to offer an affordable, family-orientated tablet that can be used in the same way as a traditional Android tablet, but with the added bonus of some handy digital integration with existing Tesco services. Consequently the functionality is key as adults have got to be able to understand it a s well as their kids (you see what I did there?). The iconography designed by fellow London studio SomeOne and user interface all have a distinctly clean and premium feel which we have to confess we wouldn’t have expected Tesco to pull off. Perhaps these guys should be let loose on their supermarkets too!
- Bow down witches, it's a Best of the (cob)Web Halloween special!
- Photographer Philippe Chancel captures North Korea’s intensely choreographed ceremonies
- From a family-run “famzine” to a 30p grime mag, it's October's Things
- Wellcome Collection publishes book of early infographics, charts and diagrams for organising nature
- Sophie Koko Gate, an animator with immense illustrative skill
- Artist and illustrator Jamie Johnson's gently surreal compositions
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design