The fine fellows at one of our favourite digital design agencies ustwo™ have always thrilled us with their willingness to mix client work with self-initiated projects that take their fancy. The latest fruits of their labours is rando, an app which they describe as “an experimental photo exchange platform for people who like photography.”
The core idea is simplicity itself – users can upload one photo that is then shared with someone else who has the app completely at random (think Chat Roulette without the weirdos). The whole exchange is completely anonymous and is designed to reclaim photography from the clutches of a digital world defined by social media mores.
As ustwo say: “It has been purposefully removed from the conventions of photo sharing apps (within reason). No likes, no comments, no direct communication. Just rando. An appreciation of fine photography.”
Many people complain that the online world removes that element of happenstance with makes real life so interesting and rando is an attempt to recapture a sense of serendipity. It will be interesting to see how the platform develops over time and it’s a joy as ever to see ustwo™ pushing the boundaries.
You can download the app here
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs