We’re not ones for gushing, sweeping statements (cough) BUT this is the best film we’ve ever seen. Remember Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared? The video that managed to sum up the perils of creativity in both a hilarious and utterly terrifying way? Well, if you don’t then go and rectify that immediately. Once you’re done, have a look at Becky and Joe’s latest creation – a magnificent, hysterical, gruesome, surprising, spectacular sequel, aptly named Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared 2 which deals with the rather broad, universal theme of time.
Seeing as these guys are basically the crème de la crème of animation (the original film has had nearly 14 million hits on YouTube) Dazed Digital have invited them to be part of their Visionaries series in which they choose key creatives and collectives and allow them a weekly video takeover on the site. And we can see why; you just don’t get much better than this. The way the clock dances – ohhhh mother. Becky, Joe and everyone else involved – we salute you.
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard's personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges' clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- "A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!": Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio