We’re not ones for gushing, sweeping statements (cough) BUT this is the best film we’ve ever seen. Remember Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared? The video that managed to sum up the perils of creativity in both a hilarious and utterly terrifying way? Well, if you don’t then go and rectify that immediately. Once you’re done, have a look at Becky and Joe’s latest creation – a magnificent, hysterical, gruesome, surprising, spectacular sequel, aptly named Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared 2 which deals with the rather broad, universal theme of time.
Seeing as these guys are basically the crème de la crème of animation (the original film has had nearly 14 million hits on YouTube) Dazed Digital have invited them to be part of their Visionaries series in which they choose key creatives and collectives and allow them a weekly video takeover on the site. And we can see why; you just don’t get much better than this. The way the clock dances – ohhhh mother. Becky, Joe and everyone else involved – we salute you.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations