We’re not ones for gushing, sweeping statements (cough) BUT this is the best film we’ve ever seen. Remember Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared? The video that managed to sum up the perils of creativity in both a hilarious and utterly terrifying way? Well, if you don’t then go and rectify that immediately. Once you’re done, have a look at Becky and Joe’s latest creation – a magnificent, hysterical, gruesome, surprising, spectacular sequel, aptly named Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared 2 which deals with the rather broad, universal theme of time.
Seeing as these guys are basically the crème de la crème of animation (the original film has had nearly 14 million hits on YouTube) Dazed Digital have invited them to be part of their Visionaries series in which they choose key creatives and collectives and allow them a weekly video takeover on the site. And we can see why; you just don’t get much better than this. The way the clock dances – ohhhh mother. Becky, Joe and everyone else involved – we salute you.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU