Vincent Mahe was utterly unknown to us until very recently and boy are we glad to have stumbled across him! The Paris-based illustrator also goes by the name Mr Bidon, and his portfolio proves him to be already pretty established, with more brilliant work than we can squeeze into one wee post.
We were completely won over by this series, Neighbours, in which he illustrates the various characters he spots while watching nosily from the window of his Paris apartment. Subjects include a bewildered-looking window cleaner, a woman getting undressed and a raucous-looking house party – a collection which has us feeling somewhat resentful of old Mr Jones and his smelly cat over the road in London.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf