Vincent Mahe was utterly unknown to us until very recently and boy are we glad to have stumbled across him! The Paris-based illustrator also goes by the name Mr Bidon, and his portfolio proves him to be already pretty established, with more brilliant work than we can squeeze into one wee post.
We were completely won over by this series, Neighbours, in which he illustrates the various characters he spots while watching nosily from the window of his Paris apartment. Subjects include a bewildered-looking window cleaner, a woman getting undressed and a raucous-looking house party – a collection which has us feeling somewhat resentful of old Mr Jones and his smelly cat over the road in London.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”