Given that Condé Nast own Vogue and Vogue more or less controls global fashion, it seems only right and proper that the publishing giant should have its own fashion school with which to nurture and develop the future stars of its industry. So that’s exactly what they’ve done. The Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design opened its doors last week, launching with a ten-week long Vogue Fashion Certificate as its inaugural offering. There’ll be more to come, without doubt, but it’s exciting to see a brand like Vogue taking its first steps into the educational arena. Look out LCF and CSM.
What we’re really excited about at the moment though, is the college’s crisp new identity produced by Together Design. You can’t launch a trailblazing fashion and design college without an appropriately slick piece of branding to launch with it, and Together understand this clearly. Their stripped-back identity includes clear parallels with Vogue’s own logotype (presumably another customised iteration of Didot or Bodoni) exuding high fashion with careful restraint. They’ve also developed some wonderful three dimensional signage throughout the new building that casts sleek shadows across the brilliant white walls. Classy!
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant