Given that Condé Nast own Vogue and Vogue more or less controls global fashion, it seems only right and proper that the publishing giant should have its own fashion school with which to nurture and develop the future stars of its industry. So that’s exactly what they’ve done. The Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design opened its doors last week, launching with a ten-week long Vogue Fashion Certificate as its inaugural offering. There’ll be more to come, without doubt, but it’s exciting to see a brand like Vogue taking its first steps into the educational arena. Look out LCF and CSM.
What we’re really excited about at the moment though, is the college’s crisp new identity produced by Together Design. You can’t launch a trailblazing fashion and design college without an appropriately slick piece of branding to launch with it, and Together understand this clearly. Their stripped-back identity includes clear parallels with Vogue’s own logotype (presumably another customised iteration of Didot or Bodoni) exuding high fashion with careful restraint. They’ve also developed some wonderful three dimensional signage throughout the new building that casts sleek shadows across the brilliant white walls. Classy!
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery