W/–––Projects is an arts initiative in New York that count a gallery space, bi-annual arts publication White Zinfandel and now artist editions within their gamut of productivity. The prints, newly released (“fresh prints”?) are interestingly constrained to four by six inch, one or two colour risographs and feature such estimable names as Keegan McHargue, Rafaël Rozendaal, Amy Yao and Mark Owens.
It’s an interesting set and shows off W/‘s excellent curatorial tastes, making what they’re doing a little more accessible to those outside of New York. Also worthy of a mention is how nicely they’ve been photographed by David Brandon Geeting who has arranged the small prints with cryptic aestheticism as if to emphasise their scale, positioned amongst miscellaneous household items and soft furnishing cut-offs. No questions there, it just works.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang