W/–––Projects is an arts initiative in New York that count a gallery space, bi-annual arts publication White Zinfandel and now artist editions within their gamut of productivity. The prints, newly released (“fresh prints”?) are interestingly constrained to four by six inch, one or two colour risographs and feature such estimable names as Keegan McHargue, Rafaël Rozendaal, Amy Yao and Mark Owens.
It’s an interesting set and shows off W/‘s excellent curatorial tastes, making what they’re doing a little more accessible to those outside of New York. Also worthy of a mention is how nicely they’ve been photographed by David Brandon Geeting who has arranged the small prints with cryptic aestheticism as if to emphasise their scale, positioned amongst miscellaneous household items and soft furnishing cut-offs. No questions there, it just works.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs