W/–––Projects is an arts initiative in New York that count a gallery space, bi-annual arts publication White Zinfandel and now artist editions within their gamut of productivity. The prints, newly released (“fresh prints”?) are interestingly constrained to four by six inch, one or two colour risographs and feature such estimable names as Keegan McHargue, Rafaël Rozendaal, Amy Yao and Mark Owens.
It’s an interesting set and shows off W/‘s excellent curatorial tastes, making what they’re doing a little more accessible to those outside of New York. Also worthy of a mention is how nicely they’ve been photographed by David Brandon Geeting who has arranged the small prints with cryptic aestheticism as if to emphasise their scale, positioned amongst miscellaneous household items and soft furnishing cut-offs. No questions there, it just works.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan