The phrase “human brain” has never been more apt than in describing this simply stunning publicity shot created by We Are Pi for TEDxAmsterdam later this month. Taking the event’s theme of “human nature,” this brain is built using 48 dancers from The Dutch National Ballet and Nova Dance College, with input from iconic actor Rutger Hauer and a host of other Dutch creatives. The end result is funny, simple and massively effective – click through to watch the film and see some behind-the-scenes images.
Alex Bennett-Grant of We Are Pi said: “TEDx Amsterdam didn’t come to us for an advertising campaign, they came to us with a brief to unite the nation over ideas worth doing. We decided to make every aspect of the project reflect that challenge, from the concept of making brains from humans, to the epic collaboration needed to pull it all off.”
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan