Each day as Ali walks to work he passes a cafe where photographer Zoe Spawton works. One day, noticing how he wore consistently spectacular outfit, Zoe began photographing him and blogging about his sartorial choices. Not sneering or patronising, this blog is quite simply celebrating an elderly man full of character who does not just take genuine pride in his clothes, but has a true eye for style.
One of the best things about this unfolding story is that Zoe and Ali are now great friends. One of the images is taken when she was on a trip with him to pick apples with his boss and boss’s daughter, and the most recent is a very happy shot of him and her together just after they saw an article on her blog in a Turkish newspaper. Pass the tissues please, this is too much.
- Long-limbed characters play out scenes in Serafine Frey's brilliant illustrations
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking ten years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection