Each day as Ali walks to work he passes a cafe where photographer Zoe Spawton works. One day, noticing how he wore consistently spectacular outfit, Zoe began photographing him and blogging about his sartorial choices. Not sneering or patronising, this blog is quite simply celebrating an elderly man full of character who does not just take genuine pride in his clothes, but has a true eye for style.
One of the best things about this unfolding story is that Zoe and Ali are now great friends. One of the images is taken when she was on a trip with him to pick apples with his boss and boss’s daughter, and the most recent is a very happy shot of him and her together just after they saw an article on her blog in a Turkish newspaper. Pass the tissues please, this is too much.
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- Illustrator Antoine Cossé talks about the highs and lows of creating comic books
- How Greg Barth and Droga5’s surreal, retro-futuristic ad for MailChimp was made
- Llewellyn Mejia's paintings created in between commercial projects
- Robert Nicol’s brutish but spirited illustrations spanning artistic mediums
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris