OK,OK, I know I’m a couple of months late on this one, but how on earth could I continue not to post this video from Willis Earl Beal? You can get a good little synopsis of what he’s about from our quick ditty back in January, but above you can see a wonderfully complete piece of music promo, both drawn and narrated by the man himself.
I don’t quite know what the point of the tale is, but I know it’s one I couldn’t keep my eyes off as the rain continues to lash down outside – Willis Earl Beal knows exactly how to soundtrack (and visually accompany) a rainy afternoon. (A thanks to the seemingly immortal Jools for opening my ears to this one)
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?