OK,OK, I know I’m a couple of months late on this one, but how on earth could I continue not to post this video from Willis Earl Beal? You can get a good little synopsis of what he’s about from our quick ditty back in January, but above you can see a wonderfully complete piece of music promo, both drawn and narrated by the man himself.
I don’t quite know what the point of the tale is, but I know it’s one I couldn’t keep my eyes off as the rain continues to lash down outside – Willis Earl Beal knows exactly how to soundtrack (and visually accompany) a rainy afternoon. (A thanks to the seemingly immortal Jools for opening my ears to this one)
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc