OK,OK, I know I’m a couple of months late on this one, but how on earth could I continue not to post this video from Willis Earl Beal? You can get a good little synopsis of what he’s about from our quick ditty back in January, but above you can see a wonderfully complete piece of music promo, both drawn and narrated by the man himself.
I don’t quite know what the point of the tale is, but I know it’s one I couldn’t keep my eyes off as the rain continues to lash down outside – Willis Earl Beal knows exactly how to soundtrack (and visually accompany) a rainy afternoon. (A thanks to the seemingly immortal Jools for opening my ears to this one)
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design