OK,OK, I know I’m a couple of months late on this one, but how on earth could I continue not to post this video from Willis Earl Beal? You can get a good little synopsis of what he’s about from our quick ditty back in January, but above you can see a wonderfully complete piece of music promo, both drawn and narrated by the man himself.
I don’t quite know what the point of the tale is, but I know it’s one I couldn’t keep my eyes off as the rain continues to lash down outside – Willis Earl Beal knows exactly how to soundtrack (and visually accompany) a rainy afternoon. (A thanks to the seemingly immortal Jools for opening my ears to this one)
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?