Now I know it’s Monday morning and those back-to-work boo-hoos feel slightly overwhelming but let us cheer you up with a sumptuous stationery fix. Designers Yarra Jones and Sarah Thorne met while working on print projects for big name fashion brands and saw a gap in the market for for papery loveliness that suited each season. So Paper Stock was born and if their inaugural spring/summer 2013 collection is anything to go by it’s a great thing it was. They sum up their debut as combining “busy monotone print with embossed whites & neutrals, black on black, and translucent glassine papers, all drawing on the iconic clutch format” and see the fruits of their labour of love as potential accessories rather than just note-taking implements.
We’re looking forward to seeing their next offering already.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf