Now I know it’s Monday morning and those back-to-work boo-hoos feel slightly overwhelming but let us cheer you up with a sumptuous stationery fix. Designers Yarra Jones and Sarah Thorne met while working on print projects for big name fashion brands and saw a gap in the market for for papery loveliness that suited each season. So Paper Stock was born and if their inaugural spring/summer 2013 collection is anything to go by it’s a great thing it was. They sum up their debut as combining “busy monotone print with embossed whites & neutrals, black on black, and translucent glassine papers, all drawing on the iconic clutch format” and see the fruits of their labour of love as potential accessories rather than just note-taking implements.
We’re looking forward to seeing their next offering already.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”