Now I know it’s Monday morning and those back-to-work boo-hoos feel slightly overwhelming but let us cheer you up with a sumptuous stationery fix. Designers Yarra Jones and Sarah Thorne met while working on print projects for big name fashion brands and saw a gap in the market for for papery loveliness that suited each season. So Paper Stock was born and if their inaugural spring/summer 2013 collection is anything to go by it’s a great thing it was. They sum up their debut as combining “busy monotone print with embossed whites & neutrals, black on black, and translucent glassine papers, all drawing on the iconic clutch format” and see the fruits of their labour of love as potential accessories rather than just note-taking implements.
We’re looking forward to seeing their next offering already.
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking 10 years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- An insight into The Guardian's newly released brand guidelines
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection