Chevrolet is looking for the very best art students in the UK to showcase their talents across Europe. The creative brief revolves around the car-maker’s centurial anniversary which encourages fashion, music, photography, design and film students to find inspiration from the past by merging the old with the new. There are some great prizes (top prize is £1,000) and the chance to work with some key figures in the car industry. Email email@example.com to register and check out the links below.
The deadline for submissions is 15 April 2011 and judges will be announced shortly. The judges have been confirmed as Fred Butler, Ian Cook, Will Hudson, Jane Stockdale and David Wilson.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors