Chevrolet is looking for the very best art students in the UK to showcase their talents across Europe. The creative brief revolves around the car-maker’s centurial anniversary which encourages fashion, music, photography, design and film students to find inspiration from the past by merging the old with the new. There are some great prizes (top prize is £1,000) and the chance to work with some key figures in the car industry. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and check out the links below.
The deadline for submissions is 15 April 2011 and judges will be announced shortly. The judges have been confirmed as Fred Butler, Ian Cook, Will Hudson, Jane Stockdale and David Wilson.
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- Marvel Studio releases rejected Iron Man logos
- Dull reality spruced up beautifully by photographer Teddy Delcroix
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang