Chevrolet is looking for the very best art students in the UK to showcase their talents across Europe. The creative brief revolves around the car-maker’s centurial anniversary which encourages fashion, music, photography, design and film students to find inspiration from the past by merging the old with the new. There are some great prizes (top prize is £1,000) and the chance to work with some key figures in the car industry. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and check out the links below.
The deadline for submissions is 15 April 2011 and judges will be announced shortly. The judges have been confirmed as Fred Butler, Ian Cook, Will Hudson, Jane Stockdale and David Wilson.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”