Norwegian graphic design studio Your Friends have got such a vast amount of great work going on their beautiful new website that we’ve struggled to decide how to show you the work. Is it snapshots of numerous different projects – like the comprehensive identity design for Arts and Business, a membership organisation dedicated to fostering partnerships between the corporate and creative sectors? A snapshot of numerous different projects – they span everything from beautifully type-set events posters to websites for Norway’s only illustration agency? Or do we just show you one, really wonderful project?
In the end we plumped for the latter, a branding project for an awards ceremony that shows off all of the many skills Your Friends have in their armoury. The clean framed identity for Årets vakreste Bøker (Most Beautiful Norwegian Books) summarises the brand perfectly and the application of this instinctive logo-mark across print collateral, digital media, exhibition design and even the physical award itself demonstrates the exemplary skills of a studio at the height of their creative powers.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?