Norwegian graphic design studio Your Friends have got such a vast amount of great work going on their beautiful new website that we’ve struggled to decide how to show you the work. Is it snapshots of numerous different projects – like the comprehensive identity design for Arts and Business, a membership organisation dedicated to fostering partnerships between the corporate and creative sectors? A snapshot of numerous different projects – they span everything from beautifully type-set events posters to websites for Norway’s only illustration agency? Or do we just show you one, really wonderful project?
In the end we plumped for the latter, a branding project for an awards ceremony that shows off all of the many skills Your Friends have in their armoury. The clean framed identity for Årets vakreste Bøker (Most Beautiful Norwegian Books) summarises the brand perfectly and the application of this instinctive logo-mark across print collateral, digital media, exhibition design and even the physical award itself demonstrates the exemplary skills of a studio at the height of their creative powers.
- How I Got Here: Marco Velardi and Omar Sosa, Apartamento magazine
- It’s Nice That x Channel 4 Random Acts: “It’ll be like a guided acid trip”
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Beil defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs