Norwegian graphic design studio Your Friends have got such a vast amount of great work going on their beautiful new website that we’ve struggled to decide how to show you the work. Is it snapshots of numerous different projects – like the comprehensive identity design for Arts and Business, a membership organisation dedicated to fostering partnerships between the corporate and creative sectors? A snapshot of numerous different projects – they span everything from beautifully type-set events posters to websites for Norway’s only illustration agency? Or do we just show you one, really wonderful project?
In the end we plumped for the latter, a branding project for an awards ceremony that shows off all of the many skills Your Friends have in their armoury. The clean framed identity for Årets vakreste Bøker (Most Beautiful Norwegian Books) summarises the brand perfectly and the application of this instinctive logo-mark across print collateral, digital media, exhibition design and even the physical award itself demonstrates the exemplary skills of a studio at the height of their creative powers.
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Boom for Real’s assistant curator selects four Basquiat artworks
- Friday Mixtape: Omni create us a mix in celebration of their second record, Multi-task
- M/M (Paris) and the ongoing conversations that define its practice
- Mari Kanstad Johnson's wonderful work picks apart complex narratives
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books