Norwegian graphic design studio Your Friends have got such a vast amount of great work going on their beautiful new website that we’ve struggled to decide how to show you the work. Is it snapshots of numerous different projects – like the comprehensive identity design for Arts and Business, a membership organisation dedicated to fostering partnerships between the corporate and creative sectors? A snapshot of numerous different projects – they span everything from beautifully type-set events posters to websites for Norway’s only illustration agency? Or do we just show you one, really wonderful project?
In the end we plumped for the latter, a branding project for an awards ceremony that shows off all of the many skills Your Friends have in their armoury. The clean framed identity for Årets vakreste Bøker (Most Beautiful Norwegian Books) summarises the brand perfectly and the application of this instinctive logo-mark across print collateral, digital media, exhibition design and even the physical award itself demonstrates the exemplary skills of a studio at the height of their creative powers.
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs