Annie Leibovitz has photographed British prime minister Theresa May for US Vogue. She will become the first British prime minister to feature on the cover, though Margaret Thatcher was photographed four times for the magazine during her time in office.
The renowned American photographer has also previously shot Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton for the magazine. She is known for her long-running photo series Women, and for being the first woman to hold a show at the National Portrait Gallery.
The shoot took place last week at Theresa May’s country retreat, Chequers, Downing Street has confirmed. A spokesperson said the issue will come out in April.
Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of US Vogue was made a dame in the New Year Honours list 2017.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU