This time next week Britain will vote whether or not to remain in the EU, so campaigns for Brexit and Vote Remain are now in the final stretch and the creative industries are adding their voices.
Art director Vicky Simmons has used artworks by herself, Steve Hockett and Barnie Page to create a set of badges for the #imstayingIN campaign. Each set bought enables Vicky to give away three badges for free.
Designer Bruce Usher has created a custom typeface for his online platform, A Good Reason, where people can write, screenshot and share a positive reason to vote in the referendum, using #agoodreason.
Spectator has released its latest cover, featuring an illustration of a Union Jack-patterned butterfly escaping from an EU flag-adorned box.
— The Spectator (@spectator) June 15, 2016
And then there’s Brexit & Chill, an instagram account posting referendum-related musings.
Heartbreaking stories to tell your future grandchildren ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #Brexit #Bremain #strongerin #hugabrit #ukineu #betterofin #yes2eu #voteremain #pleasedontgouk #beleave #euref #leaveeu #eureform #eureferendum #referendum #eu #europe #vote #uk #britain #british #votestay #dataroaming #roaming #eurotariff #internet #mobiledata
Last month a controversial campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi with Operation Black Vote aimed to encourage the BAME communities to vote.
…and artists including Jefferson Hack and Wolfgang Tillmans released a series of open-source posters for the Britain Stronger in Europe campaign.
- Spin studio shares its latest work and how to perk up "depressed-looking" v’s
- Animator Dan Castro tackles the intricacies of relationships in this funny short
- “I don't want to lose my connection with the tangible”: illustrator Jack Taylor on his new digital and 3D process
- Greta Thorkels: a graphic designer creating Gilmore Girls zines and record sleeves
- Grégory Michenaud’s ongoing project sees him explore identity in a Hasidic Jewish community
- Photographer Gilleam Trapenberg explores macho culture against rose-tinted skies in Big Papi
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc