This time next week Britain will vote whether or not to remain in the EU, so campaigns for Brexit and Vote Remain are now in the final stretch and the creative industries are adding their voices.
Art director Vicky Simmons has used artworks by herself, Steve Hockett and Barnie Page to create a set of badges for the #imstayingIN campaign. Each set bought enables Vicky to give away three badges for free.
Designer Bruce Usher has created a custom typeface for his online platform, A Good Reason, where people can write, screenshot and share a positive reason to vote in the referendum, using #agoodreason.
Spectator has released its latest cover, featuring an illustration of a Union Jack-patterned butterfly escaping from an EU flag-adorned box.
— The Spectator (@spectator) June 15, 2016
And then there’s Brexit & Chill, an instagram account posting referendum-related musings.
Heartbreaking stories to tell your future grandchildren ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #Brexit #Bremain #strongerin #hugabrit #ukineu #betterofin #yes2eu #voteremain #pleasedontgouk #beleave #euref #leaveeu #eureform #eureferendum #referendum #eu #europe #vote #uk #britain #british #votestay #dataroaming #roaming #eurotariff #internet #mobiledata
Last month a controversial campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi with Operation Black Vote aimed to encourage the BAME communities to vote.
…and artists including Jefferson Hack and Wolfgang Tillmans released a series of open-source posters for the Britain Stronger in Europe campaign.
- Damien Maloney talks about how he became a "self-taught hobbyist photographer"
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos