Helmut Lang has announced the launch of the start of new initiatives directed by editor-in-residence Isabella Burley, who is also the current editor-in-chief of Dazed & Confused magazine.
Following Isabella’s appointment in March by chief executive Andrew Rosen, the brand today announced a new campaign photographed by Ethan James Green which includes an “intergenerational” roster of “progressive thinkers, new faces and creative icons” styled by Dazed creative director Robbie Spencer: Alex Wek, Chris Kraus, Larry Clark, Traci Lords, Shayne Oliver, Nicky Rat, Mari Copeny aka “Little Miss Flint”, Kembra Pfahler, Unlocking the Truth, Yoshi, Alanie Quinones, Aurel Haize, Grace Gee, Ian Isiah, Gogo Graham Dara and Sohyun Jung.
The campaign’s first six images are revealed below, with the complete campaign launching in the next few days.
The brand comments that “in this role, Burley brings her editorial eye and network of creative talent to influence all departments of the company”.
Helmet Lang has also brought back its original logo and released a new digital identity across social channels and its website.
In March, it was also announced that Shayne Oliver from Hood By Air would design a collection for the brand, set to debut in September at New York Fashion Week. The brand has also announced a new strand, Helmut Lang Re-Edition, which will reissue heritage pieces in small numbers every four months.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU