Hilarious and charming new work here from Jack Sachs, the young illustrator and animator from south east London who’s just made Maynards Bassetts very fun indeed. Jack was commissioned by Wieden + Kennedy along with nine other creatives to direct and animate a short spot advertising Maynards/Bassetts’ Liquorice Allsorts.
London-based Blinkink oversaw the production of all the spots and it’s the first ad for Liquorice Allsorts in over 20 years. In Jack’s film we see the cheeky little anthropomorphised sweeties bobbing about by a desk in a boring office, enjoying a roundabout and giving it large at a bus stop while a familiar-looking figure paces about waiting for a bus.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design