Hilarious and charming new work here from Jack Sachs, the young illustrator and animator from south east London who’s just made Maynards Bassetts very fun indeed. Jack was commissioned by Wieden + Kennedy along with nine other creatives to direct and animate a short spot advertising Maynards/Bassetts’ Liquorice Allsorts.
London-based Blinkink oversaw the production of all the spots and it’s the first ad for Liquorice Allsorts in over 20 years. In Jack’s film we see the cheeky little anthropomorphised sweeties bobbing about by a desk in a boring office, enjoying a roundabout and giving it large at a bus stop while a familiar-looking figure paces about waiting for a bus.
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc