The video is the second time the two have worked together following Norbert’s VR experience Das Problem der Befahrung des Weltraums for Daydreaming With… Stanley Kubrick, last year’s exhibition at Somerset House co-curated by James. He approached Norbert to work on this latest project to bring his “reputation for innovation and imaginative distortion of convention”.
Filmed using a drone “unleashed” on the American wilderness, the video for The Road travels through desolate landscapes bathed in dramatic light and shadow, navigating a series of scenes from all angles. Director Norbert and executive producer James have applied what they call a “post-apocalyptic sensibility and edit”, producing the film which they say “describes the ever present conflict between natural landscape and human progress”.
Unkle’s album The Road Part 1 is out 23 June 2017.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s