The video is the second time the two have worked together following Norbert’s VR experience Das Problem der Befahrung des Weltraums for Daydreaming With… Stanley Kubrick, last year’s exhibition at Somerset House co-curated by James. He approached Norbert to work on this latest project to bring his “reputation for innovation and imaginative distortion of convention”.
Filmed using a drone “unleashed” on the American wilderness, the video for The Road travels through desolate landscapes bathed in dramatic light and shadow, navigating a series of scenes from all angles. Director Norbert and executive producer James have applied what they call a “post-apocalyptic sensibility and edit”, producing the film which they say “describes the ever present conflict between natural landscape and human progress”.
Unkle’s album The Road Part 1 is out 23 June 2017.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors