The video is the second time the two have worked together following Norbert’s VR experience Das Problem der Befahrung des Weltraums for Daydreaming With… Stanley Kubrick, last year’s exhibition at Somerset House co-curated by James. He approached Norbert to work on this latest project to bring his “reputation for innovation and imaginative distortion of convention”.
Filmed using a drone “unleashed” on the American wilderness, the video for The Road travels through desolate landscapes bathed in dramatic light and shadow, navigating a series of scenes from all angles. Director Norbert and executive producer James have applied what they call a “post-apocalyptic sensibility and edit”, producing the film which they say “describes the ever present conflict between natural landscape and human progress”.
Unkle’s album The Road Part 1 is out 23 June 2017.
- Studio Zwupp’s festival identity combines found type with abstract imagery
- Meet Jack Pearce: the illustrator drawing skate tribes
- Anna Haas’ structured yet anarchic approach to graphic design
- “Made for designers, not 3D experts”: Adobe Stock demystifies 3D renders
- Tanawat Sakdawisarak’s crisp illustrations reference pop music and video games
- Photographer Jay Wolke remembers gambling spots in the US during the 80s and 90s
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books