Jean Jullien has worked with Vogue to create a set of iMessage stickers for AW17. The set of 24 illustrations, some animated by Jean’s brother Nicolas Jullien, loosely surrounds the theme of fashion poking light fun at the industry. A wide-eyed woman applies red lipstick all over her face, another quickly backs away from a wine-sipping group at an event, while another’s eyes droop from FROW fatigue.
Created in time for a fall fashion refresh, says Vogue, this is a “stylish makeover for your phone. There’s an endless revolving door for when Fashion Week has you crazed, a literal cat catwalk for your sassier days, and an AWOK Post-it for when your look gets the Vogue stamp of approval.”
Typically for the illustrator, the style parodies in a charming and lovably naive way, capturing accessible and comedic characters and scenarios. They’re not all fashion-specific either – there’s a tapping stilettoed foot, a gleeful stuffed suitcase and a character slumped in an armchair that could apply to any of us after a hard day’s work.
Download the Vogue app in the App Store to have access to the stickers on your iMessage.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books