Some of It’s Nice That’s favourite illustrators including Jean Jullien and Stefan Marx have banded together for a new exhibition Sigh. Hosted at The Lodge Gallery, LA, artists will come together in discontent around the theme “sighing”. The gallery says: “Gathered here under our current air of malaise is a group of artists from near and far. Current mood: not content. Take your brain, it’s time to go. Sigh … is our collective sigh of the times.”
The artists included in the East Hollywood show are Kevin Christy, Brian DeGraw, Cheryl Dunn, Kate Grutman, Jean Jullien, Ana Kraš, Alice Lancaster, William Lemon III, William Loveless, Stefan Marx, Andrew Neuhues, Galen Pehrson, Vanessa Prager, Yogi Proctor, Eddie Ruscha, Nathaniel Russell, Alia Shawkat, Robbie Simon, Todd St. John and Autumn de Wilde.
The group exhibition is curated by LA-based multi-disciplinary creative illustrator, designer, photographer, filmmaker and self-confessed “chronic sigher” Andrew Neuhues. It will open on 1 April at The Lodge Gallery, LA, where it will run until 6 May.
- Like a milder version of Marmite, it’s Best of the Web!
- Meet graphic designer Tor Weibull and his tubular metal typography
- Glasgow watch company Paulin launch new Art Deco-inspired typeface
- Samuel Douek on his pop-up queer art space CAMPerVAN at Tate Modern
- Agnese Morganti celebrates the sparkle and community of Italy’s majorettes
- Friday Mixtape: Visions Festival make us a mix of eclectic acts from its line up
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels