Illustrator Polly Nor and animator Andy Baker have partnered their creative capabilities in a striking new music video for Halfway to Nowhere by Chelou.
In October we championed Polly’s illustrations advising that her drawings full of personality were ideal to be animated. Brilliantly, Polly has teamed up with with animator aficionado Andy to bring her drawings to life, illustrating the content sung within Chelou’s single.
The video, like many of Polly’s illustrations, animates the inner anxieties of the female mind with a devil character that takes over the female body. The devil ventures on a journey through the jungle to be soothed by a floating guitarist singing along the words to Halfway to Nowhere.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU