The xx have released the new video for track I Dare You, co-directed by Raf Simons and Alasdair McLellan. The project’s impressive list of collaborators doesn’t stop there, with Another Man fashion editor Ellie Grace Cumming behind the styling, and Paris Jackson, Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown and Moonlight star Ashton Sanders starring in the cinematic story.
According to the band, the video is their “love letter to Los Angeles”, where they wrote and recorded parts of album I See You. It features a long intro setting up the narrative about a kid missing school, and visually celebrates the city’s iconic landscape. It is the third of their videos to be directed by Alasdair, with creative concept and direction by Raf, who the band say is “a hero” of theirs.
Following his departure from Dior, Raf took over as chief creative officer at Calvin Klein and presented his first collection for the label in February 2017. The video is cited as “Made in collaboration with Raf Simons for Calvin Klein”, and also stars Ernesto Cervantes and Lulu.
- Benedict Brink is shaking up fashion photography
- Future living and design democracy with IKEA’s research lab, SPACE10
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU