Mother London and 1stAve Machine have produced a new campaign for a collaboration between Stella Artois and the charity Water.org. The campaign comprises two films, shot in Palma studios Mallorca with Palma Pictures. The focus of the film is a tower of Stella Artois glasses spiraling upwards, each of which is painted with an image that, when viewed in sequence, tells the story of a woman’s journey to find water. A second film features actor Matt Damon, an ambassador for the charity, who remarks on the story told by the zoetrope.
The campaign aims to encourage people to visit BuyaLadyaDrink.com and donate $25, which will will guarantee someone in the developing world can access five years of clean water.
“The zoetrope structure was very complex indeed,” says Dani Rotsein, Line Producer at Palma Pictures. “The art department team worked for two months on the project from design to completion. The sculpture was built in their workshop, tested and then four days before the shoot it was deconstructed and moved to the studios in Binnisalem. Since the construction of the helix involved so many moving parts as well as suppliers it was essential that we kept to the very strict schedule. We arranged for the chalices to be laser printed locally, so it was crucial we had the drawings for each on time to allow Martin and his team the time to cut and place them on each glass by hand.”
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU