Finn Wolfhard and Millie Bobby Brown, the teenage stars of TV show Stranger Things, feature on the covers of Dazed’s winter 2016 issue. The young actors are photographed by Collier Schorr and styled by Robbie Spencer, Dazed’s creative director, for interviews by writer Colleen Nika in the magazine, and two different covers.
“Stranger Things has swept over us firing up our imaginations,” Robbie tells It’s Nice That. “The cover shoot was intended to act as a contrast to the 40-page portfolio special we created in the magazine, with the art direction inspired by retro horror and sci-fi references.
“For the shoot, the idea was to create something youth-focused and simple, with Collier’s familiar stripped back photo style, and subtle references to the show through small hand-written elements and collaging.
“They’re so young, so we wanted Millie and Finn to really be themselves and retain that feeling of innocence and youthful energy.”
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors