Finn Wolfhard and Millie Bobby Brown, the teenage stars of TV show Stranger Things, feature on the covers of Dazed’s winter 2016 issue. The young actors are photographed by Collier Schorr and styled by Robbie Spencer, Dazed’s creative director, for interviews by writer Colleen Nika in the magazine, and two different covers.
“Stranger Things has swept over us firing up our imaginations,” Robbie tells It’s Nice That. “The cover shoot was intended to act as a contrast to the 40-page portfolio special we created in the magazine, with the art direction inspired by retro horror and sci-fi references.
“For the shoot, the idea was to create something youth-focused and simple, with Collier’s familiar stripped back photo style, and subtle references to the show through small hand-written elements and collaging.
“They’re so young, so we wanted Millie and Finn to really be themselves and retain that feeling of innocence and youthful energy.”
- Inès Longevial’s deliciously rich geometric paintings
- Illustrator Richard Ellis’ joyfully large-breasted and bare-bottomed characters
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a “bootleg” book
- Bohuy Kim’s “strange but splendid” poster designs
- Tokyo-based photographer Yota Yoshida’s “poetic expressions in the everyday”
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know