Finn Wolfhard and Millie Bobby Brown, the teenage stars of TV show Stranger Things, feature on the covers of Dazed’s winter 2016 issue. The young actors are photographed by Collier Schorr and styled by Robbie Spencer, Dazed’s creative director, for interviews by writer Colleen Nika in the magazine, and two different covers.
“Stranger Things has swept over us firing up our imaginations,” Robbie tells It’s Nice That. “The cover shoot was intended to act as a contrast to the 40-page portfolio special we created in the magazine, with the art direction inspired by retro horror and sci-fi references.
“For the shoot, the idea was to create something youth-focused and simple, with Collier’s familiar stripped back photo style, and subtle references to the show through small hand-written elements and collaging.
“They’re so young, so we wanted Millie and Finn to really be themselves and retain that feeling of innocence and youthful energy.”
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books