Women Who is joining forces with artist and print designer Kelly Anna for an International Women’s Day event. Held at Downstairs at Mother on International Women’s Day – Wednesday 8 March – the event will take the form of an interactive print design workshop headed up by Kelly Anna, who is currently in the midst of a project with Nike Women. The evening will see sets from NTS DJs Pia and Zezi Ifore, with cocktails by Rita’s Missy Flynn.
Women Who is a URL and IRL platform for women working in the creative industries set up last year by writer and brand consultant Otegha Uwagba. Otegha’s book, Little Black Book: A Toolkit for Working Women is set for publication by Harper Collins’ 4th Estate later this year. Kelly Anna is a London-based multidisciplinary artist, whose work we championed on It’s Nice That earlier this month. Fittingly, the duo tell us that they met for the first time at Nicer Tuesdays back in August!
Tickets for the event are available here.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again