Women Who is joining forces with artist and print designer Kelly Anna for an International Women’s Day event. Held at Downstairs at Mother on International Women’s Day – Wednesday 8 March – the event will take the form of an interactive print design workshop headed up by Kelly Anna, who is currently in the midst of a project with Nike Women. The evening will see sets from NTS DJs Pia and Zezi Ifore, with cocktails by Rita’s Missy Flynn.
Women Who is a URL and IRL platform for women working in the creative industries set up last year by writer and brand consultant Otegha Uwagba. Otegha’s book, Little Black Book: A Toolkit for Working Women is set for publication by Harper Collins’ 4th Estate later this year. Kelly Anna is a London-based multidisciplinary artist, whose work we championed on It’s Nice That earlier this month. Fittingly, the duo tell us that they met for the first time at Nicer Tuesdays back in August!
Tickets for the event are available here.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design