This is familiar, right? Just over a month ago, Mike Perry suggested we all direct our attentions towards Radio Lab, a show broadcast on WNYC, New York Public Radio. You may have missed the post, you may have glossed over an admittedly uninspiring logo and moved on. In the past few days I’ve realised just what a goldmine this show is.
It’s a mix of science, culture and music that’s more fascinating and delightful than anything I’ve heard in a long time (the episodes on sleep and music in particular). For one reason or another, I never gave it a chance the first time around. If you did the same, I urge you to give it a try. All episodes are available from the site or as a Podcast directly through iTunes.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant