This week, James Groves has chosen:
‘Photographers Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin invited some of today’s most stunning models into their studio and shot them first as they walked through the door.
Then, with help from their creative team, they captured these ladies again, dressed in fall’s hottest collections.
The pair create innovative editorial for magazines like Vogue as well as, Self Service, and Visionaire. They also photograph advertising campaigns for Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Helmut Lang, Chloé, Miu Miu, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent, and Viktor & Rolf.’
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris