As we pack the studio up for another year, we thought we should find a little bit of space to extend our gratitude to all of our readers. It’s been a hugely exciting year and we are incredibly grateful to everyone who participated in It’s Nice That in 2009. Whether you sent something to the studio, purchased a copy of the publication, came to a talk, or simply browsed through the site from time to time, thank you.
Posts will be fewer and far between from now until the 4th of January, but our 2009 review will continue every day, so there’ll be something for you to look at while we take a bit of a break, have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.
- “My personal work informs everything that comes after it" and other bits we learned at September's Nicer Tuesdays
- Xiang Guan’s Symbiotic Objects require a human component
- Alex Fergusson on the provocative and powerful nature of surface graphics
- Bendik Kaltenborn talks us through his retrospective book, collating ten years worth of work
- Meet music-obsessed graphic designer François Boulo
- César Pelizer’s 2D and 3D experiments are full of humour and imagination
- Vicky Grout takes us on a photographic trip through east London using Kodak's Ektra smartphone
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Timo Kuilder combines clean-cut linework with limited colours in his editorial work
- David Luraschi’s strikingly simple new campaign for fashion brand Jacquemus
- How 13 designers responded to a one-word brief: water
- Nicolas Ménard creates short animation for online mortgage broker Habito