Royal College of Art graduates Valerio Di Lucente, Erwan Lhuissier and Hugo Timm founded Julia in 2008 and have subsequently produced various books, typefaces, posters, websites, identities and exhibitions.
Among the great work was Issue 5 of Volt (pictured), an independent fashion magazine published twice a year. “It differs from the average magazine by being very large, unbound, and consisting almost exclusively of big size photographs. ”
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale