Originally guest posted by James Gilpin
Klein Dythan Architecture founded by Mark Dytham and Astrid Klien are responsible for Pecha Kucha Night. With its unique fast tempo Pech Kuchaha has spread virally to over 100 cities across the world. Designers, engineers, architects and artists come together to present work and research in conversation. Each speaker gets 20 images and 20 seconds per image so the presentations are concise and more speakers get the opportunity to take part.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design