Anyone mediating a major international conflict should just give illustrator Marion Deuchars a call because her work is so ruddy charming I’m confident it could disarm even the best of enemies. In last week’s Things we praised to the high heavens her new book Let’s Make Some Great Fingerprint Art but the treats just keep on coming thanks to this beautiful short trailer.
Produced by our pals over at Animade it manages to capture the quintessential innocence of the book and the potential of the humble fingerprint to be reimagined in countless fun ways. If this can’t persuade you to buy the book then I don’t know what will. And Marion wait by that phone in case the UN needs you!
- Creative director David Lane tells us about redesigning frieze and creating campaigns for Hermés and Ally Capellino
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Anibal Bley’s Risograph zine experiments with glitchy patterns and illustrations
- CG Watkins’ narratively driven photography conveys mystery and escapism
- Sharp Type creates punchy typeface inspired by Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio