Anyone mediating a major international conflict should just give illustrator Marion Deuchars a call because her work is so ruddy charming I’m confident it could disarm even the best of enemies. In last week’s Things we praised to the high heavens her new book Let’s Make Some Great Fingerprint Art but the treats just keep on coming thanks to this beautiful short trailer.
Produced by our pals over at Animade it manages to capture the quintessential innocence of the book and the potential of the humble fingerprint to be reimagined in countless fun ways. If this can’t persuade you to buy the book then I don’t know what will. And Marion wait by that phone in case the UN needs you!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations