Anyone mediating a major international conflict should just give illustrator Marion Deuchars a call because her work is so ruddy charming I’m confident it could disarm even the best of enemies. In last week’s Things we praised to the high heavens her new book Let’s Make Some Great Fingerprint Art but the treats just keep on coming thanks to this beautiful short trailer.
Produced by our pals over at Animade it manages to capture the quintessential innocence of the book and the potential of the humble fingerprint to be reimagined in countless fun ways. If this can’t persuade you to buy the book then I don’t know what will. And Marion wait by that phone in case the UN needs you!
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood