Anyone mediating a major international conflict should just give illustrator Marion Deuchars a call because her work is so ruddy charming I’m confident it could disarm even the best of enemies. In last week’s Things we praised to the high heavens her new book Let’s Make Some Great Fingerprint Art but the treats just keep on coming thanks to this beautiful short trailer.
Produced by our pals over at Animade it manages to capture the quintessential innocence of the book and the potential of the humble fingerprint to be reimagined in countless fun ways. If this can’t persuade you to buy the book then I don’t know what will. And Marion wait by that phone in case the UN needs you!
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books