For those who missed out on last week’s tickets for Beauty in the Making talks, fear not! We’ve got a whole heap more tickets for the taking. Throughout the week 23 – 27 April, we’ve invited some spectacular speakers including Bompas & Parr, inventor Mark Champkins, director Kim Gehrig, Secret Cinema’s Fabien Riggall and many more. All you need to do is register below.
At 1pm each day, in the beautiful basement of Victoria House in Bloomsbury, two speakers will give 18 minute talks on a selected subject, offering food for thought.
Monday 23 April: ‘The Maker’ – Register for free tickets
Hear legendary designer Alan Kitching, and ‘Beat 2012’ director Kim Gehrig speak about the process of making.
Tuesday 24 April: ‘Time’ – Register for free tickets
Featuring architecture and design critic Oliver Wainwright, and creative researcher, artist and radio broadcaster Emma Gibson, discussing the broad topic of ‘time’.
Wednesday 25 April: ‘Bespoke’ – Register for free tickets
Join Vera Glahn from digital creative agency ‘Field’, and the Science Museum’s inventor-in-residence Mark Champkins as they explore the subject of ‘bespoke’.
Thursday 26th April: ‘Innovation’ – Register for free tickets
Featuring innovative creative technical agency Made by Many and Massoud Hassani, designer of the revolutionary Minesweeper nominated for Designs of the Year 2012.
Friday 27 April: ‘The Senses’ – Register for free tickets
Secret Cinema’s Fabien Riggall and culinary genii Bompas and Parr take to the stage to speak about immersive experiences that engage the senses.
Click links above to register for free tickets, which are allocated per day and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Part of GF Smith’s five-day exhibition celebrating artistry in all creative practices, the space will also play host to installations, workshops and live demonstrations exploring paper-making and craft, with input from Montotype and the British Council’s Architecture, Design and Fashion department. The exhibition is FREE but you must register using one of the links above.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery