For those who missed out on last week’s tickets for Beauty in the Making talks, fear not! We’ve got a whole heap more tickets for the taking. Throughout the week 23 – 27 April, we’ve invited some spectacular speakers including Bompas & Parr, inventor Mark Champkins, director Kim Gehrig, Secret Cinema’s Fabien Riggall and many more. All you need to do is register below.
At 1pm each day, in the beautiful basement of Victoria House in Bloomsbury, two speakers will give 18 minute talks on a selected subject, offering food for thought.
Monday 23 April: ‘The Maker’ – Register for free tickets
Hear legendary designer Alan Kitching, and ‘Beat 2012’ director Kim Gehrig speak about the process of making.
Tuesday 24 April: ‘Time’ – Register for free tickets
Featuring architecture and design critic Oliver Wainwright, and creative researcher, artist and radio broadcaster Emma Gibson, discussing the broad topic of ‘time’.
Wednesday 25 April: ‘Bespoke’ – Register for free tickets
Join Vera Glahn from digital creative agency ‘Field’, and the Science Museum’s inventor-in-residence Mark Champkins as they explore the subject of ‘bespoke’.
Thursday 26th April: ‘Innovation’ – Register for free tickets
Featuring innovative creative technical agency Made by Many and Massoud Hassani, designer of the revolutionary Minesweeper nominated for Designs of the Year 2012.
Friday 27 April: ‘The Senses’ – Register for free tickets
Secret Cinema’s Fabien Riggall and culinary genii Bompas and Parr take to the stage to speak about immersive experiences that engage the senses.
Click links above to register for free tickets, which are allocated per day and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Part of GF Smith’s five-day exhibition celebrating artistry in all creative practices, the space will also play host to installations, workshops and live demonstrations exploring paper-making and craft, with input from Montotype and the British Council’s Architecture, Design and Fashion department. The exhibition is FREE but you must register using one of the links above.
- American Studies: Jeremy Liebman unpacks his father’s photography archive
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- French studio Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round