For those who missed out on last week’s tickets for Beauty in the Making talks, fear not! We’ve got a whole heap more tickets for the taking. Throughout the week 23 – 27 April, we’ve invited some spectacular speakers including Bompas & Parr, inventor Mark Champkins, director Kim Gehrig, Secret Cinema’s Fabien Riggall and many more. All you need to do is register below.
At 1pm each day, in the beautiful basement of Victoria House in Bloomsbury, two speakers will give 18 minute talks on a selected subject, offering food for thought.
Monday 23 April: ‘The Maker’ – Register for free tickets
Hear legendary designer Alan Kitching, and ‘Beat 2012’ director Kim Gehrig speak about the process of making.
Tuesday 24 April: ‘Time’ – Register for free tickets
Featuring architecture and design critic Oliver Wainwright, and creative researcher, artist and radio broadcaster Emma Gibson, discussing the broad topic of ‘time’.
Wednesday 25 April: ‘Bespoke’ – Register for free tickets
Join Vera Glahn from digital creative agency ‘Field’, and the Science Museum’s inventor-in-residence Mark Champkins as they explore the subject of ‘bespoke’.
Thursday 26th April: ‘Innovation’ – Register for free tickets
Featuring innovative creative technical agency Made by Many and Massoud Hassani, designer of the revolutionary Minesweeper nominated for Designs of the Year 2012.
Friday 27 April: ‘The Senses’ – Register for free tickets
Secret Cinema’s Fabien Riggall and culinary genii Bompas and Parr take to the stage to speak about immersive experiences that engage the senses.
Click links above to register for free tickets, which are allocated per day and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Part of GF Smith’s five-day exhibition celebrating artistry in all creative practices, the space will also play host to installations, workshops and live demonstrations exploring paper-making and craft, with input from Montotype and the British Council’s Architecture, Design and Fashion department. The exhibition is FREE but you must register using one of the links above.
- Long-limbed characters play out scenes in Serafine Frey's brilliant illustrations
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking ten years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection