For those who missed out on last week’s tickets for Beauty in the Making talks, fear not! We’ve got a whole heap more tickets for the taking. Throughout the week 23 – 27 April, we’ve invited some spectacular speakers including Bompas & Parr, inventor Mark Champkins, director Kim Gehrig, Secret Cinema’s Fabien Riggall and many more. All you need to do is register below.
At 1pm each day, in the beautiful basement of Victoria House in Bloomsbury, two speakers will give 18 minute talks on a selected subject, offering food for thought.
Monday 23 April: ‘The Maker’ – Register for free tickets
Hear legendary designer Alan Kitching, and ‘Beat 2012’ director Kim Gehrig speak about the process of making.
Tuesday 24 April: ‘Time’ – Register for free tickets
Featuring architecture and design critic Oliver Wainwright, and creative researcher, artist and radio broadcaster Emma Gibson, discussing the broad topic of ‘time’.
Wednesday 25 April: ‘Bespoke’ – Register for free tickets
Join Vera Glahn from digital creative agency ‘Field’, and the Science Museum’s inventor-in-residence Mark Champkins as they explore the subject of ‘bespoke’.
Thursday 26th April: ‘Innovation’ – Register for free tickets
Featuring innovative creative technical agency Made by Many and Massoud Hassani, designer of the revolutionary Minesweeper nominated for Designs of the Year 2012.
Friday 27 April: ‘The Senses’ – Register for free tickets
Secret Cinema’s Fabien Riggall and culinary genii Bompas and Parr take to the stage to speak about immersive experiences that engage the senses.
Click links above to register for free tickets, which are allocated per day and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Part of GF Smith’s five-day exhibition celebrating artistry in all creative practices, the space will also play host to installations, workshops and live demonstrations exploring paper-making and craft, with input from Montotype and the British Council’s Architecture, Design and Fashion department. The exhibition is FREE but you must register using one of the links above.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s