This is now the fifth time we’ve featured Swedish studio Bedow’s work on the site. First it was for thermosensitive beer labels that changed design according to their temperature, then for some incredibly tasteful cosmetics packaging. Next there was the book about hand-carved spoons and then finally this record label identity.
All of these projects show an attention to detail that’s become de rigeur for Bedow. While some studios like to be shouty about their work these guys are content to keep creating simple, thoughtful, practical design that’s easy to engage with and comfortable to have around.
They’re happy to work for a good cause too. This recent project is for an Indian children’s charity that provides quality toys and games to under-privileged children. How do they communicate the brand’s ethos throughout their identity? With a logo that can be used as both board game and colouring-in book of course, thereby producing a product that can be appreciated by children and adults alike. Who says design for kids can’t be exciting too?
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)