Take some sexy shaped candles and photographs of naked women lounging around their houses and sprawling over the Crystal Palace dinosaur statues, and you’ve got yourself photographer Camille Vivier’s portfolio. Odd? Yes. Intriguing? Certainly. But I think that’s the point.
Parisian Camille, a graduate of Central Saint Martins, focuses on the female form in wax and in the flesh. Her tumblr is a mixture of coloured candles, black and white photographs of ancient monuments, and noir portraits of derobed ladies. These are no ordinary candles though, consisting of voluptuous goddess-like forms, a headless knight on horseback and a lady superhero spreading her cape and adopting the power stance. It’s a bit like you’ve stumbled across an online shrine to the beauty of the naked body; a collection of photographic votive offerings.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan