A solar-powered graphic design project only visible in sunlight and one of the most talked about press campaigns of 2011 featuring world leaders snogging were among the second batch of winners in this year’s Cannes Lions. The newest batch of Grand Prix selections were an eclectic bunch with five projects from five different countries
The Grand Prix in the Design category went to Munich-based agency Serviceplan for a solar-powered annual report (above and below) which becomes visible when in sunlight while Amsterdam’s 72andSunny took top prize for its United Colours of Benneton Unhate campaign which put leaders usually at loggerheads in a more, ahem, intimate context.
The cyber Grand Prix was given jointly to Nike’s Fuelband campaign overseen by R/GA of New York and Stockholm-based Volontaire’s Curators of Sweden project which handed over the country’s official social media to its population.
And in keeping with all the buzz coming out of Brazil, and Sao Paulo in particular, Talent’s Go Outside Magazine campaign was named the overall winner in the Radio section.
See here for yesterday’s look at the first winners and on Monday we will feature the final Grand Prix campaigns which are unveiled on Saturday.
Design Grand Prix: Solar Annual Report
Cyber Grand Prix: Nike Fuelband/Curators of Sweden
Press Grand Prix: Unhate
Radio Grand Prix: Go Outside Magazine
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting